I've got problems with where I live

First contact in school: Mrs Coles (Welfare Lead / Children's Champion)
- Available on 01952 386360, or email office@windmillprimaryschool.co.uk anytime

Other helpful people: Mrs Peart (Welfare Assistant)

Further information:

Unacceptable behaviour from landlords:

  • deliberately allowing tenants to live in unsafe housing
  • not using competent persons, i.e. Gas Safe Registered contractors
  • causing or permitting overcrowding
  • not being part of a redress scheme
  • unfair terms in a tenancy agreement
  • harassment, threats of eviction
  • permitting and/or encouraging false housing benefit/universal credit claims
  • not providing an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property
  • renting a property which falls below the minimum efficiency standard
  • failing to provide a tenancy agreement
  • not checking a tenant’s right to reside in the UK
  • allowing or permitting illegal activity to carry on at a property
  • letting agents not displaying their fees at their premises or on their website
  • landlords not securing deposits in a Government - backed tenancy deposit scheme

If you think any of the above is true for you, you can complete a form and Telford & Wrekin Council will help you.  If that link doesn't work, please follow the Rogue Landlords link above.